Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Wednesday Evening

Hope everyone is having a nice Wednesday evening. I had good intentions of writing last night while DH was at class but I did not feel well so pretty much spent the evening lying on the couch. I had such good intentions  of going down to my playroom and either quilting or sewing. I am trying to teach myself to do pantographs on my longarm. I really think I like freemotion quilting better. Below is a picture of a table runner for Halloween. Don't think I will get it completed in time. Oh, well-I will have it for next year. I am actually making two of them so probably some lucky friend or daughter will end up getting it. I don't think my son would care for it.




I also finished a quilt top on Monday using some French General layer cake fabrics. It was fun but really not my style. I may either give it away once it is done or sell it.





Tomorrow is a busy day. I have to go to St. Louis for a work appointment and then try and get back home in time for my last basket making class at 6 p.m. I hope I make it. Here are some pictures of the last two I have made.



And last but not least, ...a picture of my little red maple in my front yard. We planted this tree about 4 years ago in honor of my brother who died of cancer. It was just a little bitty thing and I had doubts it would make it but for the first time, it is shining in all of its autumn glory this year. Glad I took the picture as it is raining tonight and probably a lot of the leaves will be gone by tomorrow.




Pleasant dreams!














3 comments:

  1. Regarding your note you left me on my blog: I haven't seen the movie yet but I want to. We drove past the house where the movie was filmed :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment. If Natalie really wanted to stay in dance I would let her. It would mean we'd have to eat a lot of ramen to afford it but I'd rather her do that than drugs.

    ReplyDelete