Sunday, October 23, 2011

Dream House/Wish List

Hope your weekend has been as laid back and as relaxed as mine has been. I spent the morning cleaning my house and then took a well deserved nap. Then because the day was so beautiful, DH and I went to a local winery and sat on their porch swing enjoying a glass of wine and watched the sunset. Then went home and while hubby kept me updated periodically on how the Cardinals/Rangers were doing, I finished sewing up my latest quilt top. Tomorrow I will try and take pictures of it although they never look as good as tops as they do once they are quilted.

Yesterday on our little drive, we stopped and looked at a house we love about 20 miles south of us. It is a small community of homes around a small lake. The lake used to be the local town's lake where there was a beach, park etc. Now there are homes all around the lake ranging from small vacation cottages or pretty nice homes. This house is my ideal. We have even had a real estate agent take us through it a few weeks ago. It is smaller that I would like though and with my longarm and sewing room stuff, we would be pretty cramped but I could make it work. Our life is kind of in limbo though as my DH is finishing up his bachelor's degree and we may end up having to move if he can find a job position that fits him. Anyway, it is my dream home. The kitchen and eat in dining area looks out on the lake. So do the bedrooms and the master bedroom has a private balcony looking out over the lake. What a place to drink your morning cup of coffee! Here are a few  pictures just to show you. Also included a few ducks and geese which I would love to have too.








I am taking another vacation day tomorrow! Plan to sew a lot tomorrow if possible!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! I'm sure if you keep on dreaming you will find the right home for you two! It has a beautiful view.

    :) Carolyn

    ReplyDelete